I was tagged by the fun and energetic Paula, of BPS, to share five blogs that I enjoy and read a lot. I'm kind of fickle when it comes to blog reading and the ones I'm reading a lot right now may end up on the bottom of the list next month. You know how you get caught up in the stories and the photos and keep coming back for more, then some other blog catches your interest and you're all over that one? That's how I am with blogs...but, for right now, here's what I'm reading a lot:
1. Tongue in Cheek: Cory's photography is amazing and I love the little stories she writes about the photos. Plus, I spend a lot of time drooling over her French flea market finds...we seem to have similar taste in what we like so that makes it especially fun and inspiring.
2. Jeanette's: I discovered Jeanette's blog after she posted a comment on my blog and I've been hooked ever since. The cool thing is that Jeanette and I have become friends through the blog world and email back and forth...I'm finally going to meet her in June when I teach at her LSS, Scrapbooks Plus. I tell Jeanette that of all of my friends, she is the greatest enabler. If you need to find something, she's your gal. She has resources...she knows peeps...who know peeps. But watch out...you'll find your plastic coming out more frequently!
3. My Minutia: Teresa's blog is a great combination of little family stories and great creativity. I've loved Teresa's work from the time she launched Foof-A-La (now owned by Creativity, Inc./Autumn Leaves). She has this amazing attention to detail in her art and she has this ability to create the coolest names for events, names of projects, even titles for her blog. I don't think her brains ever go to sleep!
4. Out of Hand: If you're looking for inspiration and encouragement for living, look no further than Rebecca's blog. Great quotes, cool pictures, and honest life experiences abound in her blog. I'm looking forward to meeting Rebecca at Creative Escape this year and can't wait to see what project she comes up with.
5. Curious Sofa Diaries: This blog is written by Debbie Dusenberry, owner of the store, Curious Sofa, located outside of Kansas City, Kansas. It's on my list of stores that I want to visit before I die. From the pictures I've seen in Country Living magazine and on the blog and web sites, I would dearly love to move a cot into that store and just live there for a while and savor the environment!
I love expanding the network of great inspirational blogs so I'm going to tag three great networkers to share their current favorites: Kim Kwan , Kelly Lautenbach, and Suzi Finer...these are awesome bloggers whose journals I read a lot too!
Since today is sharing day, I thought I'd share a page I created for my art journal last night. Over the weekend, I finished up a project for one of my classes at Scrapbooks Plus in Virginia. It's a pretty and somewhat girlie project and it put me in the mood to create a pretty art journal page. I've been loving all shades of aqua lately, plus as I'm sure you know, I'm totally into birds right now. I created a spring wreath out of scraps, layered them, created a layered floral nest for my little birdie friend, added mini flowers punched out of an old book, glued on a few beads and of course, gessoed the whole thing. It made me happy...hope it makes you smile today.